Panchgavya Ghrita is an Ayurvedic Medicine, in herbal ghee form, This medicine has Ghee as its base. It is used for preparatory procedure for Panchakarma and also as medicine, Panchagavyam refers to five different components of cow products.
Panchgavya SASTROKT Reference:
Ashtang Hrudaya Chikitsa Sthana 12/19-23
Panchagavya Ghrita Ingredients:
Gomaya Swarasa – the water extract prepared from COW Dung (Gir Breed)
Ksheera (Dugdha (MILK))
Ghritham – GHEE-
The above combination is heated till herbal Ghee prepared.
Panchgavya Ghrita Benefits :
It is widely used as medicine and also in preparatory procedure called Snehakarma the treatment neurological and Phychiatric conditions, fever, liver diseases such as Jaundice.
Effects on TRIDOSHA – Vatt- Pitta and Kapha
1. It has all the benefits of Cow’s urine of Gir breed.
2. Helps curing Psoriasis and also many other dermatological illness.
3. HIV patients regained their lost appetite, their weight increased, digestion imporved and their overall condition improves while consuming Panchgavya Ghrith.
4. Have high ANTI CANCER effect as it prevents free radical damage, reduces dying of lymphocyts (which fights against the cancer cells), effectively repairs the damaged DNA.
5. Helps in patients with Diabetes disorders.
6. Has very good effect in people with Tuberculosis
7. It is very good hepatoprotector.
Panchgavya Ghrita Dosage :
As Medicine : -- Quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or a directed by Ayurvedacharya
For Panchakarma Preparation – Snehana Procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of Ayurvedic Doctor.
Panchgavya Ghrita Side Effects :
There are no known side effects with this Ghrita, however it is best to use this product under medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high Blood Pressure (High BP) should excise precaution. In very high dose, it may cause diarrhea and indigestion.